Sprint has announced the latest addition to its Direct Connect Push-To-Talk lineup, the Sonim XP Strike. The phone is the first Sonim device offered by Sprint and without doubt is one of the most strongest and resistant devices available on the market. The phone is available as of today for $129.99 on two-year contract after a $50 mail-in rebate through direct ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Business Sales, Telesales and Web Sales.
Learn more about the Sonim XP Strike
The Sonim XP Strike for Sprint is a military standard 810G certified phone making it the toughest device in carrier’s offer. Made from hardened rubber molded to Fiberglass casing mix by dual injection the phone can withstand drops on concrete from 6.5 feet and submersion in water up to 6.5 feet for up to 30 minutes.
Its non-porous casing blocks entry of dust and micro-particles, and the device is shock and scratch resistant thanks to 1.8 mm thick Corning Gorilla Glass covering the screen. External speaker is protected by waterproof GORE protective vents. If it was not enough, the handset comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty, which includes accidental damage coverage.
The Sonim XP Strike features a 2.0-inch QVGA TFT display with a 240 x 320 resolution, 2 megapixel camera with LED flash and video recording capability, noise-canceling microphone, and Bluetooth v2.0 plus EDR. The phone comes with 256 MB of RAM, and 512 MB of internal memory, expandable up to 16 GB thanks to microSD card support.
Same as Kyocera DuraXT released earlier this year, the Sonim XP Strike is push-to-talk capable allowing fast and easy, walkie-talkie style communication and supports Sprint Direct Connect services including:
- Direct Connect, which is instant one-to-one push-to-talk calling nationwide on the Sprint network;
- Guaranteed Talk Permit, which reassures you that your cal was successfully transmitted;
- Call Alert with Text, which allows you to send an audio alert with an optional text message to notify another Direct Connect subscriber know you are trying to reach them;
- Group Connect, which lets you communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once;
- TeamDCSM, thanks to which you can communicate with up to 200 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers at the same time nationwide;
- NextMail, with which you will be able to send a recorded message to any email worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the Direct Connect button.
Other features of the Sonim XP Strike include: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, which supports push-to-talk headsets, GPS, FM receiver, and a 1,950 mAh Lithium-Ion battery for up to 8.5 hours talk time. The phone may not be a smartphone with fancy features and a bunch of pre-loaded apps, but it is the phone that can withstand even the most extreme weather conditions and not so gentle handling, making it a perfect device for physically active users.