If you are looking for premium smartphone that won’t die on you after being dropped into water, then you might want to take a closer look on the Sony Xperia Z2. A successor to the Xperia Z1, the Z2 is a solid piece of hardware boasting IP58 certification for dust and water resistance up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. The phone is equipped with an awesome 20.7-megapixel camera with Sony’s BIONZ for mobile image processor and Exmor RS for mobile image sensor which is capable of 4K video capture. Other key features include 5.2-inch 1080p Triluminos display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB of RAM, 4G LTE connectivity and a large 3,200 mAh battery. Released in April 2014 and having successor, the new Sony Xperia Z2 unlocked phone compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T or T-Mobile is available today at a more wallet-friendly price.
Buying phones having successors is a good alternative when you need a high-end waterproof smartphone at cheaper price. Also searching for deals from third-party merchants can save you few bucks more. However, keep in mind that buying brand new phones at suspicious low prices may be sometimes risky. When you shop phones online keep a few things in mind and don’t forget that you get what you pay for. Below you can find a few tips to help you find a great deal on new Xperia phone and purchase it without disappointment.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Sony Xperia Z2
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|Super Saver||499.00||Buy it now ›|
Sony Xperia Z2 Specs
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Model: Xperia Z2
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, Cricket, Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts micro SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad Band GSM) and WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 plus LTE 700 / 750 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Sony Xperia Z2 Details
- Name: Sony Xperia Z2
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Processor: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AB plus 3 GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Phablet
- Weight: 5.75 ounces (163 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.89 inches wide x 5.78 inches high x 0.32 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 19 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 640 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: D6503
- UPC/GTIN: 311271483199
Sony Xperia Z2 Features
- Ruggedized: Waterproof (rated IPX-5, IPX-8) / rated IPX-8 for dust resistance
- Display: 5.2-inch Touch Screen
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, ~424 ppi pixel density
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 42
- 4G High Speed Data: LTE (Cat 4)
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 ac a b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your internet connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 4.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, HID, PAN, MAP, HDP
- NFC: Enables quick, secure two-way interactions among electronic devices.
- Email: Protocols Supported: Gmail, Exchange, POP, IMAP
- Camera Resolution: 20.7 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: 2 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 4K UHD HDR
- Video Streaming: Miracast
- TV Output: HDMI via MHL 3.0 (USB)
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, eAAC+, WAV, Flac
- FM Radio: Supports RDS
- Internal Memory: 16 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 128GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date: April, 2014.
- The Xperia Z2 has already a successor - Xperia Z3, sporting new features and updated specs.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- SIM Card is not included.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Sony Xperia Z2 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Regarding the high speed data. The Sony Xperia Z2 was released globally. If you are planning to use this phone with US carriers, such as AT&T or T-Mobile, we suggest to contact your service provider prior purchasing the phone to compare 4G network requirements with phone's capabilities.
- Because the Sony Xperia Z2 is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- 4G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- TV Output
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- FM Radio
- Quad-Band Phone (GSM)
- See more featuresSee less features