For those of you who are on the lookout for a relatively affordable unlocked handset without a long term contract, the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini is a lovely mid-range smartphone that should do the job. The phone is selling for a not bad price, considering you’re getting a 4-inch Super AMOLED display with a WVGA resolution, dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB internal memory, a microSD card slot for expandable storage, and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Released in 2012 the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini packed with intelligent technology is available in the US unlocked and without contract from third-party retailers.
Buying phones released in 2012 is a good alternative when you need a Galaxy smartphone at a cheaper price. Also buying used phones is the easiest way to get any phone at the cheapest possibly price. However, buying cheap used phones online may be sometimes tricky. Be aware of the deals too good to be true. You know the rule – you get, what you pay for. Here are some tips to help you find an used phone at great value and purchase it without hazard.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on Used Galaxy S III Mini
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|116.95||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||131.24||Buy it now ›|
Galaxy S III Mini Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Galaxy S III Mini
- Condition: Used
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) WCDMA 900 / 1900 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Galaxy S III Mini Details
- Name: Galaxy S III Mini
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Processor: dual-core 1GHz processor plus 1GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 3.93 ounces (112 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.48 inches wide x 4.78 inches high x 0.39 inches deep
- Color: Blue
- Estimated Battery Talk: 14.2 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 460 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: GT-I8190
- UPC/GTIN: 08806085347250
Galaxy S III Mini Features
- Display: 4-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSPA 14.4
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 a b g n
- Bluetooth: Version 4.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5, OPP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, HID, PAN, MAP
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: Less than 1 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC
- FM Radio: Listen to live-broadcast FM radio stations on the go.
- Internal Memory: 8 GB plus 1 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2012, what makes the Galaxy S III Mini an older model among newer Android smartphones.
- Used condition what significantly lower the price of any phone.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging.
- User manual may not be included. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Despite of its name the smartphone is not as powerful as the Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- SIM card is not included.
- Lack of the 4G LTE connectivity.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software may not support data services such as: MMS - picture messaging, web browsing, and sending/receiving emails. In many cases, in order to utilize data services you will need to first obtain settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The Samsung Galaxy S III Mini was originally released abroad. If you are planning to use this phone with US carriers, such as AT&T or T-Mobile, you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with phone's capabilities.
- Because the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).