Need an unlocked Android phone without contract but don’t have too much money to spare? If so, the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 might be an interesting option. The Galaxy Ace 2 is unlocked meaning that you will be able to use on a carrier of your choice, such as AT&T or T-Mobile. The phone comes pre-loaded with Android 2.3 upgradable to v4.1.2 Jelly Bean and sports a 3.8-inch display, dual-core NovaThor processor and 4 GB of internal memory expandable up to 32 GB. Other key features include 768 MB of RAM, a 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, and Wi-Fi with hotspot capability. Released in 2012, the unlocked Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 is waiting for you at a low price and free off contract.
Buying older phones from third-party vendors is a great idea when you need an unlocked phone at a cheaper price. However, buying unlocked phones online at unusually low prices may be sometimes tricky. When you shop online keep few things in mind. You know the rule: you get what you pay for. Follow the tips below to help you avoid common mistakes and safely buy your new phone online.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Galaxy Ace 2
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
Galaxy Ace 2 Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Galaxy Ace 2
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band), WCDMA 900 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Galaxy Ace 2 Details
- Name: Galaxy Ace 2
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgradable to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Processor: Dual-core 800 MHz plus 768 MB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.30 ounces (122 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.45 inches wide x 4.66 inches high x 0.41 inches deep
- Color: White
- Estimated Battery Talk: 16.2 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 670 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: GT-I8160
Galaxy Ace 2 Features
- Display: 3.8-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 14.4
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0 with A2DP
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: Less than 1 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: Yes
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, WMA player
- FM Radio: Listen to live-broadcast FM radio stations on the go.
- Internal Memory: 4 GB internal storage, 768 MB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2012, what makes the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 an older model among newest Android launches.
- Samsung has released already more powerful Galaxy smartphones with new look and more features.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk packaging.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- SIM card is not included.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Handset doesn't support 4G LTE internet.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software initially does not support data features such as: MMS picture messaging, web browsing or sending/receiving emails. In order to have access to data features you will need to first obtain specific settings from your carrier and set up the phone manually.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The Samsung Ace 2 was originally released internationally. If you are planning to use this phone with US carriers, such as AT&T or T-Mobile, you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with phone's capabilities.
- Because the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone and use Android Market (free of charge but required).
- Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- Quad-Band Phone (GSM)
- See more featuresSee less features