Need an Android smartphone with two phone numbers at your disposal? Let’s say one for work and one for your personal life? If so, you may want to check out the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos that accepts two SIM cards, letting you keep a double life on your smartphone. The Galaxy Y Duos also comes loaded with 3.1-inch QVGA capacitive touch screen with TouchWiz software, 3 megapixel camera, Android 2.3 Gingerbread and usual set of options for Android phones – GPS, Wi-Fi, microSD card slot plus Mobile Hotspot and FM Radio. Released in January 2012 the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is available today without contract at the lowest price ever from third-party vendors.
Buying phones from third-party retailers is a good alternative when you need a dual-SIM smartphone at a cheap price. Just be aware, buying new phones at suspicious low prices may be sometimes tricky. You know the rule: you get what you pay for. Here are some tips to consider to help you find a new phone at a budget price and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Galaxy Y Duos
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, Cricket, Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) WCDMA 900 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Details
- Name: Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Processor: 832 MHz plus 512 MB ROM, 290 MB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 3.84 ounces (109 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.36 inches wide x 4.3 inches high x 0.47 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 9 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 360 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: S6102BKEU
- UPC/GTIN: 08806085038653
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Features
- Display: 3.1-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS, Photo Video Geo-Tagging
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 7.2
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0 with A2DP
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: QVGA (320 x 240)
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC
- FM Radio: Listen to live-broadcast FM radio stations on the go.
- Internal Memory: 160MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Samsung has released newer Android smartphones with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- SIM Card is not included.
- No flash on camera.
- Lack of dedicated camera key.
- QVGA video capture which is pretty low.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Generic software does not support data features such as: mms - picture messaging, web browsing, and sending/receiving emails. In order to utilize data services you will need to first obtain settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The Samsung Galaxy Y Duos was originally released abroad. If you are planning to use this phone with US carriers, such as AT&T or T-Mobile, you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with phone's capabilities.
- Because the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).