Today Best Price:
Tired of typing the password a hundred times a day to unlock your phone? Searching for a phone for Verizon that would let you keep things simple yet guarantee a high level of security? If so, look no further. The Samsung Galaxy S5 provides an easy solution in the form of a fingerprint scanner which can unlock the phone with just a swipe of your finger. Moreover, the Galaxy S5 SM-G900V comes with Private Mode which prevents unauthorized users from accessing certain data. The phone also sports a 5.1-inch display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal memory, a 16-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. Released in 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 phone for Verizon Wireless is available today without contract at a fair price from third party retailers.
Buying newest phones from third-party vendors is a great way to get Samsung Galaxy S5 without contract at a price lower than in carrier’s store. However, keep in mind that buying new phones online at unusually cheap prices may be sometimes risky. Avoid buying phones at prices too good to be true. Here are some tips to consider which will help you to find a new phone at great value, avoid common mistakes and purchase it without hazard.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Samsung Galaxy S5
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||128.99||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||129.99||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||147.50||Buy it now ›|
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Galaxy S5
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a Verizon global phone. It accepts micro SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad Band GSM) WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 plus LTE 750 / 1700
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas if unlocked first.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Details
- Name: Samsung Galaxy S5
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Processor: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 plus 2 GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 5.11 ounces (145 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.85 inches wide x 5.59 inches high x 0.32 inches deep
- Color: Charcoal Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 29 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: ? hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: SM-G900V
Samsung Galaxy S5 Features
- Ruggedized: IP67 for water and dust resistance
- Display: 5.1-inch Touch Screen
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, ~432 ppi pixel density, Super AMOLED Display
- Fingerprint Scanner: Swipe-style scanner built into home button
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A, HSDPA 42
- 4G High Speed Data: LTE (Cat 4)
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 ac a b g n, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual-Band, MIMO
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Wireless Charging: Some versions only
- Data Tethering: Share your internet connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 4.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, HID, PAN, MAP
- NFC: Enables quick, secure two-way interactions among electronic devices.
- Email: Protocols Supported: Gmail, Exchange, POP, IMAP
- Camera Resolution: 16 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: 2 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 4K UHD
- Video Streaming: Yes
- TV Output: MHL 2.1
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, M4A, WMA, AAC, AAC+
- Internal Memory: 16 GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 128GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Voice Recognition: S-Voice
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas if unlocked first.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release date - February 2014.
- Samsung's flagship smartphone of 2014.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Samsung Galaxy S5 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Comparing the phone to its predecessor Galaxy S4, the Samsung Galaxy S5 has been just subtly improved.
- To activate the phone you need to contact Verizon customer service.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon subscriber.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Doesn’t feature FM Radio.
- The fingerprint scanner can be confusing to use.
- Since the Samsung Galaxy S5 is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- 4G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- TV Output
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- World Edition Phone (CDMA & GSM)
- Quad-Band Phone (GSM)
- See more featuresSee less features