Today Best Price:
Out of stock
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate is a solid high end Android smartphone equipped with a 4-inch OLED touch screen display, fast 1 GHz processor, 16GB internal memory, a 5-megapixel camera with advanced options and HD video capture. Wi-Fi capabilities with DLNA media streaming and expandable memory card slot is a plus. Released in 2010, having successors and discontinued by AT&T, the Samsung Captivate is for sale at the lowest price ever.
Buying phones released in 2010 from third-party vendors is a good alternative when you need a featured Samsung Galaxy phone at a low cost. Just be aware, buying high end phones at a suspicious cheap prices may have sometimes flip sides. You know the rule – you get what you pay for. Before purchasing a phone we recommend reading few tips below to avoid common mistakes and purchase your new phone with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, Cricket, Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Details
- Name: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.1 upgradeable to 2.2
- Processor: 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird Cortex A8
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.41 ounces (125 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.52 inches wide x 4.83 inches high x 0.41 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5.8 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 340 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: I897
- UPC/GTIN: 899794007971
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Features
- Display: 4-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSPA 7.2
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5, OPP, FTP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC, Version 3.0
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP3, IMAP, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA
- Internal Memory: 16 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 16GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2011, what makes the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate an older phone.
- Samsung has released already more advanced Galaxy smartphones with new look and more features.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk packaging.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- No flash feature on camera.
- Device doesn't support 4G LTE internet.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software initially does not support data features such as: MMS picture messaging, web browsing or sending/receiving emails. In order to have access to data features you will need to first obtain specific settings from your carrier and set up the phone manually.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The Samsung Galaxy S Captivate supports 3G high speed internet on AT&T network only. If you are planning to use the device with other service provider than AT&T you will stuck with slow 2G EDGE data.
- Because the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone and use Android Market (free of charge but required).