If you are looking for a replacement phone with 4G LTE connectivity at a price that wouldn’t force you to break the bank, the Samsung Droid Charge might be an interesting alternative. The phone was Samsung’s first device to feature 4G LTE connectivity and back in its day was a high-end offering. In addition to LTE radio, the phone also offers Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi with hotspot capability, HDMI TV-out, and DLNA wireless media streaming. It comes with a large 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus touch screen and a decent 8-megapixel rear camera. Other features include 1 GHz processor, expandable storage and front-facing camera. Released in 2011 and discontinued by Verizon Wireless, the Samsung Droid Charge is available today at the cheapest price.
Undoubtedly buying phones discontinued by service providers has substantial benefits, for instance you can get a device with decent specs and cool features at a way lower price. Also buying phones online from third-party retailers may bring you even more savings. You should, however, be careful, especially if you come across a phone at a suspiciously low price. Below are a few tips which you should read before purchasing the deal that should help you shop wisely and with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on New Samsung Droid Charge
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||49.99||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||79.99||Buy it now ›|
Samsung Droid Charge Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Droid Charge I510
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards for talk and text services.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900 and LTE 750
Samsung Droid Charge Details
- Name: Samsung Droid Charge
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.2
- Processor: 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 5.06 ounces (144 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.68 inches wide x 5.1 inches high x 0.46 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 11 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 280 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: I510
- UPC/GTIN: 825196273607
Samsung Droid Charge Features
- Display: 4.3-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- 4G High Speed Data: LTE (Cat 3)
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your internet connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5, OPP, FTP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC, BPP 1.2, HID
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange with Office document reader
- Camera Resolution: 8 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: 1.3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: Yes
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, FLAC
- Internal Memory: 2 GB internal storage
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2011, what makes the Droid Charge an older model among Android devices.
- Samsung released already newer Android smartphones on Verizon network with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by Verizon is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Verizon.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Samsung Droid Charge is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Because the Samsung Droid Charge is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- 4G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- See more featuresSee less features