If you need a cheap unlocked smartphone for easy emailing, texting and instant messaging, which has almost any app that professional would need – the Palm Pixi Plus is right for you. Released in 2009 and currently discontinued by service providers, the Pixi Plus is available today by third party vendors who offer this phone at cheap price, unlocked and contract free.
Buying older phones discontinued by service providers is a good alternative when you need a smartphone at a cheap price. However, buying new phones online at suspicious low prices may have flip sides. When you buy a cheap phones keep a few things in mind. Every phone has its pro’s and con’s, cheap phones especially con’s. Here are some tips to consider to help you find a new phone at great value and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Palm Pixi Plus
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|17.00||100.00||Buy it now ›|
Palm Pixi Plus Specs
- Manufacturer: Palm Treo
- Model: Pixi Plus (GSM)
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) and WCDMA 850 / 1900
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Palm Pixi Plus Details
- Name: Palm Pixi Plus
- Operating System: Palm
- Processor: Qualcomm S1 MSM7227
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 3.51 ounces (99 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.17 inches wide x 4.37 inches high x 0.43 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5.5 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 350 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: PIXIGSM
- UPC/GTIN: 00411378213334
Palm Pixi Plus Features
- Display: 2.6-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 3.6
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, OPP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC, PAN, Version 2.1+ EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP3, IMAP, Exchange Direct Push
- Camera Resolution: 2 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: VGA (640 x 480)
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
- Internal Memory: 7 GB
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2009, what makes the Palm Pixi Plus an older model.
- The Palm released already newer smartphones with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Low demand today for this particular model additionally corrected the price.
- Discontinued model by service providers, is offered now only by third party retailers.
- Used condition ultimately lower the price of any phone.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging.
- User manual may not be included. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Palm Pixi Plus is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software does not support premium features such as: sending pictures, web browsing, and sending emails. In order to utilize all of these you need to first obtain the settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding high speed data feature. The GSM version of Palm Pixi Plus was originally released by AT&T. If you are planning to use this phone with a different service provider than AT&T you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with the phone capabilities.