If you are looking for an opportunity to get yourself a cheap unlocked Windows Phone 8 without a contract, you may want to check out the Nokia Lumia 520. The phone boasts a 4-inch touch screen, 1 GHz processor, 5 MP camera, and microSD card slot for memory expansion up to 64GB. Thanks to Windows 8 software the handset also provides access to apps available on Windows store and integration with with XBox and SkyDrive. Released in March 2013, the unlocked Nokia Lumia 520 WP8 phone is now available at cheap price from third party vendors.
Buying phones from third party retailers is a good alternative if you need a low-cost Windows Phone 8 without a contract. However, buying phones online at suspiciously cheap prices may be sometimes tricky. You know the rule – you get what you pay for. Read the tips below to avoid common mistakes and disappointing experience, as they will help you find a budget friendly phone at great value and get it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Nokia Lumia 520
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|Super Saver||79.99||Buy it now ›|
Nokia Lumia 520 Specs
- Manufacturer: Nokia
- Model: Lumia 520
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad Band GSM) WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Nokia Lumia 520 Details
- Name: Nokia Lumia 520
- Operating System: Windows Mobile
- Software Version: Windows Phone 8
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8270
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.39 ounces (124 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.52 inches wide x 4.72 inches high x 0.39 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 9.6 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 360 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: NK520W
- UPC/GTIN: 06438158560819
Nokia Lumia 520 Features
- Display: 4-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSPA+ 21
- 4G High Speed Data: HSPA+
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 a b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0 with A2DP
- Email: Protocols Supported: IMAP, POP, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: Windows Media Player
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, WMA player
- Internal Memory: 8 GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 64GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Nokia Lumia 520 is a compact and affordable smartphone that should get attention anyone enthusiast Windows 8 phone on budget.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Nokia Lumia 520 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- SIM Card is not included.
- Lack of front-facing shooter.
- No flash on camera, lack of front-facing shooter.
- No LTE connectivity on the phone.
- Windows App Marketplace still needs more apps to be comparable with Google Play Store or Apple's App Store.
- Generic software may not support data services such as: MMS - picture messaging, web browsing, and sending/receiving emails. In many cases, in order to utilize data services you will need to first obtain settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding 3G / 4G high speed data. The Nokia Lumia 520 was released globally. If you are planning to use this phone with US carriers, such as AT&T or T-Mobile, you may encounter issues with high speed internet. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare network requirements with phone's capabilities.