Today Best Price:
If you enjoyed the Motorola Droid X, a pocket-sized home theater, you will love the new Motorola Droid X2. This alternate version of the Droid line brings the Droid X to a new level by adding more powerful 1GHz dual-core processor and amazing 4.3-inch qHD display which offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images. The DROID X2 also includes DLNA to stream wirelessly, HDMI high-definition output for HD 1080p mirroring on an external monitor or HDTV as well as HD 720p video recording capabilities and 8 megapixel camera. Released in 2010, discontinued by Verizon and having successors, the Motorola Droid X2 is on sale at low price without contract from third party vendors.
Buying old phones released in 2010 from third-party stores is a good alternative when you need a multimedia-rich Droid smartphone at a cheaper price. Just be aware, buying high end phones at a suspicious low prices may have sometimes flip sides. You know the rule – you get what you pay for. Before purchasing a phone we recommend reading few tips below to avoid common mistakes and purchase your new phone with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on New Motorola Droid X2
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||89.99||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||90.00||Buy it now ›|
Motorola Droid X2 Specs
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Model: Droid X2
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon, Page Plus
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
Motorola Droid X2 Details
- Name: Motorola Droid X2
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.2,1 Froyo upgradable to 2.3 Gingerbread
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 5.47 ounces (155 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.58 inches wide x 5 inches high x 0.39 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 8 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 220 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: MB870VZW
- UPC/GTIN: 723755000124
Motorola Droid X2 Features
- Display: 4.3-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP, OPP, PBA, DUN, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.4, HID, PAN, MAP, Version 2.1+EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 8 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- TV Output: HDMI
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WAV
- FM Radio: Listen to live-broadcast FM radio stations on the go.
- Internal Memory: 8 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2010, what makes the Droid X2 an older model among newer Android devices.
- Motorola released already newer Droid smartphones on Verizon network with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by Verizon is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Battery may be an issue when you like use data services on-the-go.
- Lack of the front-facing camera.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Verizon or Page Plus.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon or Page Plus subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Motorola Droid X2 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Because the Motorola Droid X2 is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- TV Output
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- FM Radio
- See more featuresSee less features