Need an easy to use Android phone with compact construction at a price that won’t strain your wallet? If so, the LG Optimus Exceed prepaid phone for Verizon may be an option to consider. The Optimus Exceed is an unassuming phone featuring a 4-inch display, 1.2 GHz Snapdragon S3 processor and 1 GB of RAM. Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the handset also sports 8 GB of built-in storage, microSD slot, 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, and DLNA wireless media streaming. Released in 2012, discontinued by Verizon and having a successor, the LG Optimus Exceed can be yours today at the cheapest price ever.
Buying phones with older versions of Android software is a good alternative when you need a decent smartphone but don’t want to spend too much money. Also purchasing phones from third-party vendors may bring even more savings. However, keep in mind that buying phones online at cheap prices may sometimes have downsides. Avoid buying phones at prices too good to be true. Here are some tips to consider which will help you to find a new phone at great value, avoid common mistakes and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on New LG Optimus Exceed
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||37.99||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||58.45||Buy it now ›|
LG Optimus Exceed Specs
- Manufacturer: LG
- Model: Optimus Exceed
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900 plus LTE 750
LG Optimus Exceed Details
- Name: LG Optimus Exceed
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android version 2.3.6, upgradeable to 4.0
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8660 plus 1 GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.45 inches wide x 4.69 inches high x 0.45 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 8 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 850 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Exceed
LG Optimus Exceed Features
- Display: 4-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- 4G High Speed Data: LTE (Cat 3)
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your internet connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5, OPP, FTP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, MAP
- NFC: Enables quick, secure two-way interactions among electronic devices.
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: Less than 1 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 1080p HD with video editor
- Video Streaming: Yes
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WAV
- Internal Memory: 8 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release date: January 2012, making it an older model among Android smartphones.
- LG Optimus Exceed has already a successor with new look and updated specs.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Verizon.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon prepaid service subscriber.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Since the LG Optimus Exceed is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- 4G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- See more featuresSee less features