If you need a sleek touch screen phone at a cheap price that does pretty much everything you need it to do, the LG Encore may be right for you. Released in 2009, having successors and discontinued by AT&T, the unlocked LG Encore with impressive 3″ touch screen display is available today at the cheapest price ever.
Buying older phones discontinued by service providers is a good alternative when you need an unlocked phone with touch screen at a cheap price. However, buying new phones online at suspicious low prices may have downsides. When you buy a cheap phones keep a few things in mind. Every phone has its pro’s and con’s, cheap phones especially con’s. Here are some tips to consider to help you find a new phone at great value and purchase it at minimum hazard.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New LG Encore GT550
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|49.00||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||76.95||Buy it now ›|
LG Encore GT550 Specs
- Manufacturer: LG
- Model: Encore GT550 (GSM)
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, Cricket, Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) and WCDMA 850 / 1900
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
LG Encore GT550 Details
- Name: LG Encore GT550
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 3.7 ounces (105 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.10 inches wide x 4.17 inches high x 0.47 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 3 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 240 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Encore
- UPC/GTIN: 652810115629
LG Encore GT550 Features
- Display: 3-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Internet Browser: WAP Mobile Browser
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 3.6
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, OPP, FTP, PBA, DUN, A2DP, AVRC, BPP, Version 2.1 + EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP
- Camera Resolution: 3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: QVGA (320 x 240)
- Video Streaming: Protocol: RTSP, MobiTV
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+ with equalizer, Dolby Mobile,
- Internal Memory: 32 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 16GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2009, what makes the LG Encore kind of an older phone.
- Discontinued model by service providers is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- SIM Card is not included
- Memory card may not be included.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software does not support premium features such as: sending pictures, web browsing, and sending emails. In order to utilize all of these you need to first obtain the settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding high speed data feature. The LG Encore was originally released by AT&T. If you are planning to use this phone with a different service provider than AT&T you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with the phone capabilities.