The Kyocera Hydro for Boost Mobile is a solid waterproof Android 4.0 ICS smartphone. The device is a certified against water immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 3.28 feet. It sports a 3.5-inch touch screen display, a 3.2-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi mobile hotspot, and 1GHz Snapdragon processor with 512MB of RAM on board. Released in 2012 on prepaid Boost Mobile the Kyocera Hydro can be yours today at lower price from third party merchants.
Buying phones from third-party vendors is a good alternative when you need a heavy duty waterproof Android phone at a cheap price. However, be aware. Buying new phones online at suspicious low prices may have sometimes flip sides. When you buy a cheap phones keep a few things in mind. You know the rule: you get what you pay for. Here are some tips to consider to help you find a new phone at great value and purchase it at minimum hazard.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Kyocera Hydro
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||24.99||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||24.99||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||34.88||Buy it now ›|
Kyocera Hydro Specs
- Manufacturer: Kyocera
- Model: Hydro
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Boost Mobile
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1700 / 1900
Kyocera Hydro Details
- Name: Kyocera Hydro
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 MSM8655 plus 2 GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.16 ounces (118 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.44 inches wide x 4.53 inches high x 0.5 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 8.4 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 250 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Hydro
Kyocera Hydro Features
- Ruggedized: Certified waterproof, protection against water immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter (3.28 feet)
- Display: 3.5-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: LBS, Compass
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5, OPP, PBA, DUN, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, HID, PAN, SAP 1.1, MAP, Version 2.1+EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: WVGA / 480p
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+
- Internal Memory: 16 GB plus 2 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Kyocera has released already newer Android smartphones with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Battery life may be an issue if you addicted to use data services such as 3G Internet browsing, WiFi or GPS navigation.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Boost Mobile.
- To use the phone you need to be a Boost Mobile subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Kyocera Hydro is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Since Kyocera Hydro is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).