Need a reliable Android-powered smartphone but don’t have too much money to spare? How about the HTC Rezound? The phone runs Android 2.3.4 with HTC Sense 3.5, however it is upgradeable to a more modern 4.0 version. The Rezound comes with a big 4.3-inch display, 8-megapixel rear camera and a secondary camera with a 2-megapixel sensor. The handset is powered by a dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S3 processor and features 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of expandable memory. In addition to decent specs, the phone does not require signing up long term a contract. Released in 2011 and discontinued by Verizon, the HTC Rezound can be yours today at an attractive price tag without commitment.
Buying phones with older versions of Android software is a good alternative when you need a premium smartphone but don’t want to spend too much money. Also purchasing phones from third-party vendors may bring even more savings. However, keep in mind that buying phones online at cheap prices may be sometimes risky. Avoid buying phones at prices too good to be true. Here are some tips to consider which will help you to find a new phone at great value, avoid common mistakes and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New HTC Rezound
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|Super Saver||180.00||Buy it now ›|
HTC Rezound Specs
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Model: HTC Rezound
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900 plus LTE 750
HTC Rezound Details
- Name: HTC Rezound
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5, upgradeable to 4.0
- Processor: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8660 plus 1 GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 5.78 ounces (164 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.6 inches wide x 5.1 inches high x 0.54 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 6.7 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 261 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Rezound
HTC Rezound Features
- Display: 4.3-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, Compass
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- 4G High Speed Data: LTE
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your internet connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, FTP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC, HID, (PAN,) MAP
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 8 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: 2 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 1080p HD
- Video Streaming: Yes
- TV Output: HDMI via MHL (micro-USB)
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, WMA player
- Internal Memory: 16 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2011, what makes the HTC Rezound an older phone among newer Android models.
- HTC released already newer Droid smartphones with new look and updated specs.
- Discontinued model by Verizon is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Verizon customer service.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the HTC Rezound is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Since the HTC Rezound is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- 4G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- TV Output
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- See more featuresSee less features