Looking for a solid, entry level Android smartphone without a contract and SIM-lock free? If so, the HTC One V would be a right choice. The 3.7-incher comes with a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage. The phone boasts a 5 MP camera powered by HTC’s ImageChip, plus Beats audio for enhanced sound. Other key features include a memory card slot, Android 4.0, HD video capture, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Released in 2012, the unlocked HTC One V is available today at a low price without contract.
Buying phones with older versions of Android software is a good alternative when you need a an Android smartphone but you don’t want to spend too much money. Also purchasing phones from third-party vendors may bring even more savings. However, keep in mind that buying phones online at cheap prices may be sometimes risky. Avoid buying phones at prices too good to be true. Here are some tips to consider which will help you to find a new phone at great value, avoid common mistakes and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New HTC One V
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||62.00||Buy it now ›|
HTC One V Specs
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Model: One V
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) WCDMA 850 / 900 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
HTC One V Details
- Name: HTC One V
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 MSM8655 plus 512 MB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.06 ounces (115 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.35 inches wide x 4.74 inches high x 0.36 inches deep
- Color: Titanium Gray
- Estimated Battery Talk: 7.2 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 252 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: 99HRS006-00
- UPC/GTIN: 04710937373301
HTC One V Features
- Display: 3.7-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, Compass
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: Version 4.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, FTP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC, HID, PAN, MAP
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 720p HD
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, eAAC+, WMA, WAV
- Internal Memory: 4 GB including 512 MB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- HTC One V is an affordable entry level Android smartphone in premium design.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- SIM Card is not included.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Slow processor may sluggish the phone.
- Lack of the front camera.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the HTC One V is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software does not support data services such as: MMS picture messaging, web browsing, and sending emails. In order to utilize all of these you need to first obtain the settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The HTC One V was released globally. If you are planning to use this phone with US service provider, such as AT&T or T-Mobile you might encounter issues with 3G high speed internet. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G / 4G network requirements with the phone capabilities.
- Because the HTC One V is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone and use Android Market (free of charge but necessary).