Looking for Android phone for Sprint network with slim design and at a price that won’t force you to break the bank? If you can live without a physical keyboard, the HTC Hero should be right for this task. Released in 2009, having successors and discontinued by Sprint, the HTC Hero with sleek design is available today at a cheap price.
Buying older Android phones discontinued by service providers is a good alternative when you need fast an Android smartphone at a cheap price. However, buying new phones online at suspicious low prices may have flip sides. When you buy a cheap phones keep a few things in mind. Every phone has its pro’s and con’s, cheap phones especially con’s. Here are some tips to consider to help you find a new phone at great value and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on New HTC Hero Android
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|Super Saver||249.99||Buy it now ›|
HTC Hero Android Specs
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Model: HTC Hero (CDMA)
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
HTC Hero Android Details
- Name: HTC Hero Android
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 1.5
- Processor: 528 MHz MSM7600
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.22 inches wide x 4.46 inches high x 0.54 inches deep
- Color: Silver
- Estimated Battery Talk: 4 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 190 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Hero
- UPC/GTIN: 821793004132
HTC Hero Android Features
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRC, (OPP, PBA) Version 2.0 + EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP3, IMAP4, plus GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: QVGA (320 x 240)
- Video Streaming: Protocol: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV-9 plus YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB, WAV, WMA-9
- Internal Memory: 133 MB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2009, what makes the HTC Hero an older model among newer Android phones.
- HTC has released already newer Android smartphones for Sprint network with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by Sprint, is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Battery life may be an issue when run multiple data applications simultaneously.
- Outdated processor – the phone may be slow responsive while dealing with the newest applications.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Sprint.
- To use the phone you need to be a Sprint subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the HTC Hero is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Since the HTC Hero is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).