Need a cheap Droid phone for Verizon network? What about the first generation of the HTC Droid series – the HTC Droid Eris? The Droid Eris delivers a ton of Android technology in a smaller and slimmer package without a physical keyboard. If you can enjoy a high quality smartphone without a physical keyboard, the Droid Eris is right for you. Released in 2009, having successors and discontinued by Verizon, the HTC Droid Eris is available today at a cheap price.
Buying old versions of Droid phones is a smart move to get a HTC Droid smartphone at a cheap price. Additionally, buying phones online from third party retailers is the easiest way to save even more. Just be aware. Buying cheap new phones at suspious low prices may be tricky. You know the rule, you get what you pay for. Before purchasing a cheap phone read few tips below, which will help you make a purchase with confidence and minimum hazard.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New HTC Droid Eris
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||52.99||Buy it now ›|
HTC Droid Eris Specs
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Model: Droid Eris (CDMA)
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon, Page Plus
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
HTC Droid Eris Details
- Name: HTC Droid Eris
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 1.5
- Processor: 528 MHz MSM7600
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.43 ounces (126 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.19 inches wide x 4.45 inches high x 0.52 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 420 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Eris
HTC Droid Eris Features
- Display: 3.2-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS, Google Maps with Street View, HTC Footprints
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with mini-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRC, (OPP, PBA) version 2.0+EDR / may be upgradeable to support OPP, PBA, Version 2.1
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, SMTP, Exchange with Direct Push and GMail client
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: CIF (352 x 288)
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
- Internal Memory: 147 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 16GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2009, what makes the HTC Droid Eris an older phone among newer Android models.
- HTC released already newer Droid smartphones with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by Verizon is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Outdated processor – the phone may be slow responsive while dealing with the newest applications.
- Battery life may be an issue if you addicted to use data services such as WiFi, 3G, Internet or GPS navigation.
- No flash on camera.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Verizon or Page Plus.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon or Page Plus subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the HTC Eris is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Since the HTC Droid Eris is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).