Today Best Price:
Need something more than the Bold 9700 and still keep reasonable price? Then you might want to check out the Blackberry Bold 9780. This update to the Bold 9700 upgrades to a 5-megapixel camera and BlackBerry software version 6 with its new web browser. Other features remain the same, including 3G high speed data, GPS navigation, Wi-Fi, music player and memory card slot. Released in 2010, having successors and discontinued by T-Mobile, the Blackberry Bold 9780 can be yours at a budget friendly price from third-party vendors.
Buying phones released in 2010 is a good alternative when you need a new Blackberry Bold smartphone at a cheap price. However, buying brand new phones online at fishy low prices may be sometimes tricky. When you buy a cheap phones keep a few things in mind. You know the rule, you get what you pay for. Here are some tips for consideration to help you find a new phone at great value and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Blackberry Bold 9780
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|Super Saver||99.99||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||119.99||Buy it now ›|
Blackberry Bold 9780 Specs
- Manufacturer: Blackberry
- Model: Bold 9780
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 plus WCDMA 900 / 1700 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Blackberry Bold 9780 Details
- Name: Blackberry Bold 9780
- Operating System: Blackberry
- Software Version: BlackBerry OS 6.0
- Processor: 624 MHz
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.2 ounces (119 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.36 inches wide x 4.29 inches high x 0.56 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 6 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 408 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: 9780
- UPC/GTIN: 00610214624079
Blackberry Bold 9780 Features
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 3.6
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, OPP, PBA, DUN, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, SAP 1.1, (MAP), Version 2.1+EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP3, IMAP, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: VGA (480 x 360)
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+
- Internal Memory: 128MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2010, what makes the Blackberry Bold 9780 an older model among newer smartphones.
- Blackberry has released already newer devices with new look and and upgraded capabilities.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy brand new handsets in bulk from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- SIM Card is not included.
- 3G High speed internet is clocked at 3.6 HSDPA instead of 7.2.
- Blackberry App World still needs more apps to compete with Android Market and Apple's App Store.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Blackberry Bold 9780 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software does not support data services on AT&T or T-Mobile network. This includes: sending pictures, web browsing, and sending emails. In order to utilize all of these you need to first obtain the settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The Blackberry Bold 9780 was originally released for T-Mobile. If you are planning to use this phone with other service provider than T-Mobile, you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with phone's capabilities.