Need an iPhone with newer look and high speed internet that won’t hurt your budget? If so, get the second generation of Apple’s iPhone that is compatible with 3G network. Thanks to its appearance nobody will recognize if the handset you have is an iPhone 3G or 3GS. Enjoy the new fashionable look and experience the beauty of new technology at a cheap price. Released in 2008, discontinued by AT&T and having successors, the iPhone 3G can be yours today at a low price.
Buying old Apple iPhones released few years ago is a good alternative when you need an iPhone at a cheap price. Just be aware, buying new phones online at suspicious low prices may have downsides. When you buy a cheap phones keep a few things in mind. You know, you get what you pay for. Read few tips below before purchasing a cheap phone what should help you make the right decision.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on New Apple iPhone 3G
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||113.89||Buy it now ›|
Apple iPhone 3G Specs
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Model: iPhone 3G, Second Generation (GSM)
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, Cricket, Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) and WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
Apple iPhone 3G Details
- Name: Apple iPhone 3G
- Operating System: Apple iOS
- Software Version: iPhone OS 2.0. The Highest Supported iOS: 4.2.1
- Processor: Samsung 412 MHz (32-bit RISC ARM 1176JZ(F)-S v1.0)
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.44 inches wide x 4.52 inches high x 0.49 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 300 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: MA712LL/A
- UPC/GTIN: 885909170579
Apple iPhone 3G Features
- Display: 3.5-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS, Photo Video Geo-Tagging
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSDPA 3.6
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP, HFP 1.5, PBA, (A2DP), Version 2.0 + EDR / A2DP with 3.0 software update
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, Exchange built-in attachment viewer (Microsoft Office, PDF)
- Camera Resolution: 2 Megapixel
- Video Streaming: Protocol: H.264 / MPEG-4 (MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GPP) via Safari web browser / plus dedicated YouTube client
- TV Output: Connect the phone to TV for viewing pictures, videos, and more.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, iPod
- Internal Memory: 8 GB
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2008, what makes the Apple iPhone 3G an old phone.
- The iPhone 3G has already successors with newer design and better capabilities.
- Discontinued model by AT&T, is offered today only by third party retailers.
- SIM Card is not included.
- No video recording on camera.
- No option to expand memory of the phone.
- Outdated processor – the phone may be slow responsive while dealing with the newest applications.
- Highest supported operating system: iOS 4.2.1, meaning that the most recent software and features are not compatible with this iPhone.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the iPhone 3G is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software does not support premium features such as: sending pictures, web browsing, and sending emails. In order to utilize all of these you need to first obtain the settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding the high speed data feature. The Apple iPhone 3G was originally released by AT&T. If you are planning to use this phone with a different service provider than AT&T you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with the phone capabilities.