It’s not easy to find today a phone with QWERTY keyboard offering more than just basic features. Such phone, however, exists and it is the Motorola Photon Q for Sprint. The Photon Q XT897 is Sprint first 4G LTE smartphone with physical keyboard and world roaming. The phone is a perfect choice for users who communicate mostly by texting as it features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard with big keys and a separate row for numbers. Keyboard aside, the Photon Q also offers a 4.3-inch touch display, 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal memory, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing shooter and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Released in 2012, the Motorola Photon Q used phone for Sprint is available today at a cheap price.
Buying phones with older version of Android operating system is a good alternative if you need a smartphone with physical QWERTY keyboard at a low price. Also buying used phones from third-party vendors may increase your savings. Avoid, however, buying pre-owned phones at prices to good to be true. When you shop online keep few things in mind. You know, every phone has its pros and cons, cheap phones especially cons. Here are a few tips below to help you find an used smartphone at great value and buy it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on Used Motorola Photon Q
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||29.95||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||39.00||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||47.95||Buy it now ›|
Motorola Photon Q Specs
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Model: Photon Q
- Condition: Used
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Sprint
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a Sprint global phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 800 / 850 / 1900; GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad Band GSM); WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100 plus LTE 1900
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas if unlocked first.
Motorola Photon Q Details
- Name: Motorola Photon Q
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Processor: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon plus 1 GB RAM
- Form Factor (Design): Slider Phone
- Weight: 6 ounces (170 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.6 inches wide x 4.98 inches high x 0.54 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 7.5 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 220 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: XT897
- UPC/GTIN: 723755834545
Motorola Photon Q Features
- Display: 4.3-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS, Compass
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A, HSPA+ 21
- 4G High Speed Data: LTE (Cat 3)
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g n
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your internet connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth: Version 4.0 Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, FTP, PBA, DUN, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.4, BPP 1.2, HID, PAN, MAP, HTP, HRP
- NFC: Enables quick, secure two-way interactions among electronic devices.
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, Exchange, Gmail
- Camera Resolution: 8 Megapixel
- Front Facing Camera: 1.3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: 1080p HD
- Video Streaming: Yes
- TV Output: HDMI
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, M4A, WMA, AAC, AAC+
- Internal Memory: 8 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas if unlocked first.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2012, what makes the Motorola Photon Q an older model among latest smartphones.
- Motorola has released already newer Android smartphones with new look and updated specs.
- Heavy - 6 ounces weight.
- Bulky - 0.54-inch deep.
- Used condition, what ultimately lower the price.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging with necessary accessories only.
- User manual may not be included. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Battery life may be an issue if you addicted to use data services such as browsing Internet with 4G LTE speed or GPS navigation.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Sprint.
- To use the phone you need to be a Sprint subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Motorola Photon Q is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Although the Motorola Photon Q supports GSM network, the phone may be still locked to Sprint service only. If you planning travel abroad you need to contact Sprint customer support in order to remove SIM lock on this device.
- Since the Motorola Photon Q is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone and have access to Google Play store (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- QWERTY Keyboard
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- 4G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Front Facing Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- TV Output
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- World Edition Phone (CDMA & GSM)
- Quad-Band Phone (GSM)
- See more featuresSee less features