Today Best Price:
If you need a Droid phone at a reasonable price with newer look, upgraded features and a QWERTY keyboard, the Motorola Droid 2 may be you answer. This update to the original Droid smartphone sports a faster 1 GHz processor, mobile Wi-Fi hotspot feature, and wireless video output via Digital Living Network Alliance. Released in 2010, having successors and discontinued by Verizon, the Motorola Droid 2 is on sale today at a cheap price.
Buying older Droid phones, which are already discontinued by service providers, is a good alternative when you need a Droid smartphone at a cheap price. Additionally, buying refurbished phones can help you save even more. Just be careful, buying cheap refurbished phones may have flip sides. Here are some tips about what you need to know about refurbished phones what should help you determinate whether you are interested in purchasing this deal.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on Refurbished Motorola Droid 2 A955
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||14.99||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||24.99||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||34.98||Buy it now ›|
Motorola Droid 2 A955 Specs
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Model: Droid 2 A955 (CDMA)
- Condition: Refurbished
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Verizon, Page Plus
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
Motorola Droid 2 A955 Details
- Name: Motorola Droid 2 A955
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.2
- Processor: 1 GHz TI OMAP3620
- Form Factor (Design): Slider Phone
- Weight: 5.96 ounces (169 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.38 inches wide x 4.58 inches high x 0.54 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 9.6 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 315 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: A955
- UPC/GTIN: 609465650487
Motorola Droid 2 A955 Features
- Display: 3.7-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRC, PBA, OPP, HID version 2.1 + EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: WVGA / 480p
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- DLNA: Share music, photos and videos over a home network.
- Music Player: Supported Formats: AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA9, eAAC+, OGG, AMR, WMV v10, AAC+, WMV v9
- Internal Memory: 8 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 16GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2010, what makes the Droid 2 A955 an older model among Android devices.
- Motorola released already newer Droid smartphones for Verizon with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by Verizon is offered now only by third party retailers.
- Refurbished condition, what additionally lower the price.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging with necessary accessories only.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Just 5 megapixel camera while Droid X features 8 megapixel.
- Video recording resolution is below the high definition, just 480p WVGA.
- Battery life may be an issue if you addicted to use data services such as WiFi, 3G, Internet or GPS navigation.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Verizon or Page Plus.
- To use the phone you need to be a Verizon or Page Plus subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the Motorola Droid 2 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Although both companies merged, Verizon phones cannot be used with Alltel service plan.
- Alltel customers won’t be able to use this phone.
- Because the Motorola Droid 2 is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).
- Touch Screen
- QWERTY Keyboard
- GPS Navigation
- Full Web Browser
- Data Sync
- 3G High Speed Data
- Mobile Hotspot
- Data Tethering
- Megapixel Camera
- Video Recording
- Video Streaming
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Music Player
- Memory Card Slot
- Voice Dialing
- See more featuresSee less features