If you need a cheap Android phone for Sprint, you should try out the LG Optimus S – the very first LG Android smartphone on Sprint network. This highly customized phone comes with Android 2.2 OS, pre-loaded Google Apps and all highly anticipated Android smartphone features. Additionally, you can use your Optimus S as a mobile hotspot which allows you sharing your internet connection with other Wi-Fi capable devices. Released in 2010 and having successors – the Sprint LG Optimus S can be yours today without contract at a cheap price from third party retailers.
Buying Android phones discontinued by service providers is a good alternative when you need a featured Android phones at a cheap price. Additionally, buying refurbished phones can save you even more. Just be aware, in certain cases buying cheap refurbished phones may have flip sides. Read few tips below to learn more about refurbished phones and buy it at minimum risk.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on Refurbished LG Optimus S
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||39.95||Buy it now ›|
|FREE||43.48||Buy it now ›|
LG Optimus S Specs
- Manufacturer: LG
- Model: LS670 Optimus S
- Condition: Refurbished
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Sprint
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
LG Optimus S Details
- Name: LG Optimus S
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 2.2
- Processor: 600 MHz Qualcomm S1 MSM7627
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.60 ounces (130 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.32 inches wide x 4.47 inches high x 0.52 inches deep
- Color: Black
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 220 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: OPTIMUS-S
LG Optimus S Features
- Display: 3.2-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with micro-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Data Tethering: Share your wireless internet connection with other devices.
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.5, OPP, FTP, PBA, DUN, A2DP 1.2, AVRC, Version 2.1+EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP, IMAP, Exchange plus GMail
- Camera Resolution: 3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: VGA (640 x 480)
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, WMA, AAC
- Internal Memory: 140 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 32GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2010, what makes the LG Optimus S an older model among newer Android devices.
- LG has released already newer Android models on Sprint network with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Refurbished condition what additionally lower the price of the phone.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging.
- User manual may not be included. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- No LED notification.
- Lack of 4G capability.
- Low on board memory for apps.
- To activate the phone you need to contact Sprint customer service.
- To use the phone you need to be a Sprint subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the LG Optimus S is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Since the LG Optimus S is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone or use Android Market (free of charge but necessary).