Looking for Android phone for Sprint network with slim design and at a price that won’t force you to break the bank? If you can live without a physical keyboard, the HTC Hero should be right for this task. Released in 2009, having successors and discontinued by Sprint, the HTC Hero with sleek design is available today at a cheap price.
Buying old phones discontinued by service providers is a good alternative when you need an Android phone at a cheap price. Also buying used phones is the easiest way to get any phone at the cheapest possibly price. However, buying cheap used phones online may be tricky. You know the rule – you get what you pay for. Here are some tips to help you find a used phone at great value and purchase it at minimum risk.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on Used HTC Hero Android
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||10.98||Buy it now ›|
|1.95||17.00||Buy it now ›|
|Super Saver||18.88||Buy it now ›|
HTC Hero Android Specs
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Model: HTC Hero (CDMA)
- Condition: Used
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Sprint
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
HTC Hero Android Details
- Name: HTC Hero Android
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 1.5
- Processor: 528 MHz MSM7600
- Form Factor (Design): Candy Bar Phone
- Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.22 inches wide x 4.46 inches high x 0.54 inches deep
- Color: Silver
- Estimated Battery Talk: 4 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 190 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: Hero
- UPC/GTIN: 821793004132
HTC Hero Android Features
- Display: 3.2-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with mini-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: 1xEV-DO Rev A
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, A2DP, AVRC, (OPP, PBA) Version 2.0 + EDR
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP3, IMAP4, plus GMail, Exchange
- Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Resolution: QVGA (320 x 240)
- Video Streaming: Protocol: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV-9 plus YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB, WAV, WMA-9
- Internal Memory: 133 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2009, what makes the HTC Hero an older model among newer Android phones.
- HTC has released already newer Android smartphones for Sprint network with new look and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by Sprint, is offered now only by third party retailers.
- Used condition, what significantly lower the price of any phone.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging with necessary accessories only.
- Memory card may not be included.
- Battery life may be an issue when run multiple data applications simultaneously.
- Outdated processor – the phone may be slow responsive while dealing with the newest applications.
- To activate the phone you need to contact with Sprint.
- To use the phone you need to be a Sprint subscriber.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the HTC Hero is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- Phone does not support SIM cards. It cannot be used overseas.
- Since the HTC Hero is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).