Today Best Price:
If you looking for an opportunity to score a cheap Android smartphone with full QWERTY keyboard, you may want to check out the HTC G1. This very first Android phone that opened the next generation of mobile devices in 2008 is available today at a cheap price from third party vendors. Despite of its age the HTC G1 delivers rich set of features at a great price tag including: 3.2-inch touch screen, 3 MP camera, Wi-Fi, full HTML browser, and access to Android Market.
Buying phones released in 2008 is a good alternative when you need an Android phone equipped with QWERTY keyboard at a cheap price. Also buying used phones is the easiest way to get any smartphone at the cheapest possibly price. However, buying cheap used phones online may be sometimes tricky. You know the rule – you get, what you pay for. Here are some tips to help you find a used phone at great value and purchase it with confidence.
Tips & Guides
Best Deals and Prices on Used HTC G1
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
|FREE||78.22||Buy it now ›|
HTC G1 Specs
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Model: G1
- Condition: Used
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: AT&T, T-Mobile, Unlocked, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, Net10
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a GSM phone. It accepts SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Quad-Band) WCDMA 1700 / 2100
- World Edition / Global Phone: Quad Band GSM Phone, can be used overseas.
- Unlocked Phone: Compatible with any GSM carrier, such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
HTC G1 Details
- Name: HTC G1
- Operating System: Android
- Software Version: Android 1.6 Donut
- Processor: 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201A
- Form Factor (Design): Slider Phone
- Weight: 5.68 ounces (159 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.19 inches wide x 4.62 inches high x 0.67 inches deep
- Color: Available in Black or Brown
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5.8 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 402 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: G1
- UPC/GTIN: 067170000070
HTC G1 Features
- Display: 3.2-inch Touch Screen
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS, Google Maps with Street View
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Internet Browser: Full Web Browser
- Data Sync: with mini-USB Data Cable
- 3G High Speed Data Version: HSPA 7.2
- Wi-Fi: Version: 802.11 b g
- Bluetooth: Version 2.0+EDR / Supported Profiles: HSP, HFP 1.5, plus A2DP, and AVRC with software update
- Email: Protocols Supported: POP3, IMAP
- Camera Resolution: 3 Megapixel
- Video Recording: Yes
- Video Streaming: YouTube
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3
- Internal Memory: 71 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 8GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
- Quad-Band Phone: Can be used overseas.
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2008, what makes the HTC G1 an old model among newer Android phones.
- The HTC G1 has already successors with newer design and upgraded capabilities.
- Discontinued model by service providers, is offered now only by third party retailers.
- Used condition, what ultimately lower the price of any phone.
- No manufacturer warranty - just short return policy by retailer.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging.
- User manual may not be included. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- SIM Card is not included.
- Memory card may not be included.
- No flash on camera.
- Lack of 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Battery life may be a little short.
- Outdated processor may cause slowness on newer Android platform and applications.
- Data plan required for smartphones. Since the HTC G1 is a smartphone, your provider may require additional data plan in order to use this phone.
- This is an unlocked phone, it may carry generic software.
- Generic software does not support premium features such as: sending pictures, web browsing, and sending emails. In order to utilize all of these you need to first obtain the settings from your service provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) and set up the phone manually.
- Regarding high speed data feature. The HTC G1 was originally released by T-Mobile. If you are planning to use this phone with a different service provider than T-Mobile you might encounter issues with 3G high speed data. We suggest contact your service provider prior purchase to compare 3G network requirements with the phone capabilities.
- Since the HTC G1 is an Android phone, you need to have or create a Gmail account in order to activate the phone (free of charge but necessary).