Need a cheap phone that will help you to stay connected with family and friends while on the go? If you do a lot of texting and need an affordable texting phone, the Samsung Double Take U450 is right for you. Released in 2009 and discontinued by Alltel, the Samsung Double Take U450 – a slim and lightweight phone with QWERTY keyboard is now available at a low price.
Buying old phones from third party stores, which are already discontinued by service providers, is a good alternative when you need a texting phone at a cheap price. Just be careful, buying new phones online at fishy cheap prices may be risky. Before purchasing a cheap phone read few tips below, which will help you avoid common mistakes and buy a phone with confidence decision.
Tips & Guides
Deals and Prices on New Samsung Double Take U450
|Store||Shipping||Today Price||Shop & Save Now|
Samsung Double Take U450 Specs
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Model: Double Take U450 (CDMA)
- Condition: New
- Contract: No Contract Phone
- Service Provider: Alltel
- SIM Card Compatibility: This is a CDMA phone. It does not support SIM cards.
- Cellular Bands: CDMA 850 / 1900
Samsung Double Take U450 Details
- Name: Samsung Double Take U450
- Form Factor (Design): Slider Phone
- Weight: 3.53 ounces (100 grams)
- Dimensions: 2.08 inches wide x 4.25 inches high x 0.65 inches deep
- Color: Available in Black or Red
- Estimated Battery Talk: 5 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Estimated Battery Standby: 300 hours max. Actual performance will vary based on phone settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
- Manufacturer Part No.: SCH-U450
- UPC/GTIN: 635753480382
Samsung Double Take U450 Features
- GPS Navigation: A-GPS, LBS
- Keyboard: Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Internet Browser: WAP Mobile Browser
- Bluetooth: Supported Profiles: HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, OPP, PBA, A2DP, AVRC, (BIP, DUN, FTP), Version 2.x +EDR
- Email: Access via BREW application
- Camera Resolution: 1 Megapixel
- Music Player: Supported Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA
- Internal Memory: 29 MB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD up to 16GB
- Voice Dialing: Speaker-independent (automatic)
A closer look. What you should know.
- Release Date – 2009, what makes the Samsung Double Take U450 an older model.
- Decreasing number of Alltel subscribers and consequently lower demand for Alltel phones additionally corrected the price.
- Discontinued model by service providers, is offered now only by third party retailers.
- The phone may come without original retail packaging. It happens when retailers buy new handsets in bulk directly from service providers. Ask the seller whether the phone comes in retail box or bulk.
- User manual may not be included if the phones are offered in bulk packaging. However, you can download it at this page for free.
- Lack of the 3G high speed capability.
- No video recording and streaming on the camera.
- To activate the phone you need to contact Alltel customer service.
- To use the phone you need to be an Alltel subscriber.
- Although both companies merged, Alltel phones cannot be used with Verizon service plan.
- Verizon and Page Plus customers won’t be able to use this phone.