Few tips before buying a phone to bring it to Cricket service.
With carriers moving away from contracts, now it’s easier than ever to switch to another network. However, for many customers the joy of starting over with a new carrier and cheaper plans is spoiled by the fact that they have to say goodbye to the phone they love so much or change the phone number. But do they? Not, if the carrier you are switching to is Cricket Wireless that allows customers keep their old phone or bring a new one thanks to Bring Your Own Phone program no matter if it is an Android phone, iPhone, Windows smartphone or an old school basic phone.
How to pick the right phone for Cricket.
1. First things first, check whether your phone you have or you planning to buy will be compatible with your new carrier. Cricket is now a GSM network owned by AT&T so in theory all AT&T and unlocked phones should run on Cricket without any issues. However, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to double check. You can do so by entering your phone’s IMEI number on Cricket website.
2. If you have no access to device’s IMEI, check if the phone supports bands used by Cricket. For talk, text, 4G HSPA internet it should carry GSM 850 (5) /1900 (2) MHz and for fast 4G LTE data speeds the it should support 700 (17) / 1700/2100 (4) / 1900 (2) Mhz.
3. In case that your previous carrier was Verizon or Sprint, you won’t be able to use your device unless it’s a global dual-band phone that supports CDMA and GSM networks. Unlike ordinary Verizon and Sprint phones that don’t support SIM cards, their global unlocked phones are GSM ready and will accept Cricket SIM-card to obtain service. This alternative open the door to use one the latest iPhones or Android smartphones despite of Verizon and Sprint brands.
4. If you are looking for a replacement cheap phone for Cricket, we advice to compare prices and sales first in order to pay the lowest price for the handset. Below you can find our suggestions where to buy a phone. You can choose from dozens of offers and pick between brand new, used and refurbished phones, so it won’t be difficult to find the one that fits your budget.
Once you made sure that your phone will be compatible with Cricket network you can go ahead, pick the plan and activate the service. All you need is to slip in a SIM card into the device and your ready to make and receive phone calls. In case you have no SIM you will need to order a SIM card kit which usually costs $9.99. If you want to keep your number, you can select this option at checkout.
We hope that this brief guide will help you go through the process of bringing your unlocked phone to Cricket in an easy manner. Now, let’s check out what are the best deals on Cricket phones today.
- Apple iPhones for Cricket (65)
- Blackberry Phones for Cricket (15)
- BLU Phones for Cricket (9)
- HTC Phones for Cricket (49)
- Huawei Phones for Cricket (4)
- Kyocera Phones for Cricket (1)
- LG Phones for Cricket (36)
- Motorola Phones for Cricket (27)
- Nokia Phones for Cricket (6)
- OnePlus Phones for Cricket (4)
- Oppo Phones for Cricket (2)
- Pantech Phones for Cricket (7)
- Samsung Phones for Cricket (108)
- Sony Phones for Cricket (13)
- ZTE Phones for Cricket (0)